Spoiler Alert

Everything on this blog comes with a prior warning: SPOILERS AHEAD. If the film I'm reviewing is God-awful or if is based on a book that has been out for more than 10 years, I might not even warn you in the post. So yeah.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

THIS was a really good movie.



It lands off running, with an awesome action sequence within the first 10 minutes, which is something I absolutely LOVE. YAY, MARVEL! 4 for you Marvel, you go Marvel!

SO anyway, as a person who hadn't seen Capt. America part uno (don't judge me), I was a little worried I wouldn't get some stuff, and that I would be lost half way. But nope. Sure, I was probably the only one who didn't gasp out in utter disbelief when the Winter Soldier was revealed (Spoiler Alert? Nah), but I still knew how intense that plot twist was. Heck, there were enough, "Aw NOOO SHE DI'INT!" moments in that movie to keep me going till Avengers 2.
Also, there are TWO post-credit scenes. One has 'twins' in them and there's one RIGHT at then end.

Okay, so now to break it down:

It's based off a comic book, so I don't know what y'all expect when you go there; it's action-packed, the dialogues are limited and to the point, the movie was the perfect length for me, and I didn't even at ONE point think, "Ugh, when is this getting over?" There's a little bit of dry humor and a whole lot of "Omg, NOOO!" moments. There are a lot of references to the other Avengers (Stark and Banner especially) and the Black Widow is there throughout, so there's that. I really hope Black Widow/Natasha Romanov gets her own movie as well. I know that this might be the closest we get to one, and you know what? For now, I'm fine with that. The dynamic between the two is wonderful and I would love to see more Avengers team up for stuff. I would love a movie called 'Budapest' for example (um... EVERY ONE on Tumblr wants that?), with Hawk-Eye and her in it. Also, no matter what went on between Steve and Nat, their relationship is always just platonic to me, which is WELL DONE I MUST SAY. Kudos, you Marvel folks! Because you can never have Nat and Steve romantically involved with each other, it just goes against whatever was established in The Avengers, so even though there was some flirting (I don't think this a spoiler, ugh) it was still platonic. And well, this just reminds me of the Harry Potter franchise, where it IS a Romoinie thing, but people still kept shipping Harmony because the actors/crew/directors failed to make sure that the thin line between friendship and relationship was properly conveyed. I can pinpoint to exactly where it started to confuse movie goers: the Goblet of Fire when Hermoine unexpectedly hugs Harry just before the dragon task. I mean, COME ON, whyyyy would you dooo that? That went against the whole 'hand holding' thing in PoA between Ron and Hermoine FIRST of ALL, and by the time GoF (the movie) was out, we all KNEW it was Romoine canonically and YET. And YYEETTT. All this is really important to me, it just is. Establishing the kind of relationship between the characters involved is just as important as having a good script or having good actors in your movie.

ANYWAY.

The direction was alright, the script was good, I'm in LOVE with the actors, and the overall cinematography and the experience itself was very pleasurable. The graphics were amazing, too! The graphics in The Avengers was WAY below par. I was surprised when The Avengers was nominated for an Oscar for the same, but not Battleships (poor dialogue, OKAY acting, but DAMN the graphics were REALLY cool. Hasbro, I think. The same people for Star Trek, if I'm not mistaken; or maybe it's Hasbro because both of them are owned by Hasbro Toys, I don't know honestly).

I think my heart skipped a beat and I nearly yelled, "GIMME!" when I saw what the 'Falcon Project' was.
I DID scream when I saw Nick Fury... well, you'll know it when you see it.

I'm a fangirl. So yes, I went in excited and I came out excited.

All in all, 3.5 on 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment